Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pout

pretty please?Since I'm a really nice girl, I get annoyed when people won't help me.
It's not that I can get my way with a bat of the lashes, but I ask politely for what I need and - actually - don't ask for much.
I'm bummed that a self-publishing author with a personal website and rather intense forum activity has refused to write a couple of lines to give me a comment I could quote in my dissertation. Why?

Perhaps I should e-mail him explaining that when short people can't reach the high shelf in a supermarket, they get my help with a smile. Same for those who can't see without their glasses, or are buying a gift for someone who "looks about your size". Damn, I was waiting for the green ligth to cross over a road once, and an old man asked if I could fix the collar of his coat and sweater because they were all jumbled with the scarf he was wearing. If it's raining and we're waiting at the same bus stop, I'll offert you half of my umbrella. And if you're not helping me I presume you have your reasons, give you the benefit of doubt, and just leave you alone. But you've ruined my day, and that's BAD karma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home