Sunday, July 30, 2006

Just 35 days

It's barely 35 days to September 2nd, guys: time for a little introspection on a moody day.

Moving back to Italy still feels like the right decision. I've been wanting roots, a family, my shoes all in the same closet, and a place where everyone knows my name - for a while now. It's not exactly going to come easily you know. I'm not slipping back into a slot I've left in a group of friends, or back to my family as I knew it, or the same home, job, any of that life-making stuff. Enerything has changed, so I am actually starting over although I'm going back within the same national borders.

Plus I've never really had roots, except after highlights grew out, so that will be a huge change.
I'm committing to staying in the same place for a couple of years; and all of a sudden I'm buying shoes. A material world weighing me down: nesting.
Scary for someone who'se given away her alarm clock because the cell phone's timer works just as well - and one less item to pack in case I move, like I'd need to get away real fast, anytime now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home