Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Change

Yes, I do love The quotations page.
We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
Lynn Hall, Where Have All the Tigers Gone?, 1989

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon, M.D.

We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.
Harrison Ford, quoted by Garry Jenkins in Harrison Ford: Imperfect Hero

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

The more things change, the more they remain... insane.
Michael Fry and T. Lewis, 2004

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite:

A woman once came up to Winston Churchill and said:
"If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."

Churchill's response:
"If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

julia

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not that my quote has anything to do with change... ;)

julia

11:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."

Eleanor Roosevelt

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home