Monday, July 17, 2006

Like, love, penguin

PenguinIf reading a book about cover design - for fun - is not nerdy enough for a publishing student, get ahold of this: I love the book, but am really baffled by the bad binding.
Like, really.

Obviously a book printed on this heavy a paper should not be paperbound; the glue used crackles when you turn the pages; and the cover is going to come unstuck any minute, at what I think is called the "joint crease" (quit snickering, now).

However, I love this book for my own reasons, so much that I'll stop before adding "despite its flaws". There are things you like, and you can quit liking them (e.g., if you get really drunk on apricot flavoured vodka I'm told you then can't bear to so much as look at it again from across the rum - ha! ha! Sorry, I meant room, ok).
But when you love, it's forever. There's no going back, even once you find out something you don't like as much. Even if you throw away, break up, decide never to call again, or start hating: love is still there, undiminisced by the other stuff that might change the way you act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home