Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Culture clash

So, kids, yesterday we had American 4th of July vs Italy winning the world cup semi-finals: I'd love to get a flag-count there, but let's say it was a tie.
Today, on a more personal level, we have the huge amount of pasta I ate for lunch vs
this video. Apparently you need to be American to get it, and man did I get it.
You might enjoy it more if you've been away from your home in the US for a while, or if - like me - you've been sitting at a desk 9 hours to come up with, ehem, 556 words. Well well, will I make it to 1.000 by tomorrow? A long nerdy night awaits...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need help.

but that was a definite tidal wave of american pop culture. i was a bit confused about who the good guys and bad guys were.

anyway, i'm going to think twice before i click on a video link on your blog again. ;)

~ julia

6:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, I need help in either finding my roots or giving up completely on the idea and deciding to be a citizen of the world.
So it's either learn to cook (hard), become a soccer mom (impossible), or move to Denmark... hmmm, tempting.

And just to set the record straight after all my self-irony about cooking: I'm not a great chef but I can cook, what I seem to have forgotten during this year is how to actually get around to doing it.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait just a damn minute: you can cook? you can cook. so what this means is that you have had me over for tea (which i appreciate) but have never once cooked me a meal. skank! i demand retribution! edible retribution!!!

~julia

12:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, sorry, it must have been your evil twin sister eating carbonara in November and pasta with vegetable sauce at Tracy's this spring.
You're in fact the only person here I've fed twice!
Ha!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm...i mean in your flat! you haven't fed me in your flat! HA!

okay, i remember your pasta being amazing. but all of that was in 2005. what have you cooked for me lately? ;)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh you've got to be kidding me... I think you should've gone to law school after all!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home