Monday, July 10, 2006

Gattuso

For some reason I thought Italy had won the world cup more often than merely 1934, 1938, 1982 and yesterday. So it's pretty cool that the team made it last night, very cool that they beat the French, and it kind of sucks that I wasn't there to see it.
Could've watched the matches in a pub, which would have been as good as an experience, but for some reason I didn't get involved in that.
Perhaps the reason is I know I don't belong here: not my culture, don't fit in with the English, or with the students, finally not even with the Americans.
Could it be I am Italian after all? Or am I just feeling patriotic the day after victory?

Anyway, I know nothing about soccer, but I do like this guy.


He must be alright if he was playing on the national team, and he obviously has "grinta", which I can't translate: it might not exist in the English language because, it seems to me today, it must be typically Italian.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ciao!!!!!!!
io naturalmente scrivo in italiano, l'utilizzo della lingua inglese richiederebbe uno sforzo non indiffirente ai miei neuroni e visto che mi aspetta un lungo pomeriggio lavorativo... sia mai che si esauriscano prima dell'ora "x".
che dire... l'italia campione del mondo è stata un'emozione per tutti, qui ci sono festeggiamenti in ogni angolo di ogni vicolo di ogni paese... solo il calcio riesce a mettere d'accordo 56 milioni di persone (in caso di vincita, naturalmente...!).

dall'Italia una tedesca (italianizzata, a dir la verità!) può solo dire che è una bellissima esperienza, adrenalinica e ...anche un bel po' emozionante!!!

a presto

Wiebke

1:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Non me lo dire, che quest'anno mi sono persa i mondiali, le olimpiadi e pure il gay pride...

A presto, sì. Magari per una cena a settembre (la pizza non mi è mai piaciuta così tanto, quest'anno me la sogno di notte).

3:03 PM  
Blogger Giuseppe Iacobaci said...

Anch'io adoro Gattuso. Credo che se facessimo un sondaggio risulterebbe il calciatore più amato da quelli che guardano soltanto i mondiali. ;-) Che faccia, che carattere, che testa, che cuore.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sì ma tu esageri bello mio... ho letto il tuo blog: occhio perché Gattuso è già sposato, e la moglie ha più bicipiti di lui;)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home